BLUE EYES (A Twilight Tale) Chapter 1

ifeomastoryblog.blogspot.com
The Move

Paul's POV
I was honestly getting sick and tired of Rachel Black. I watched as she blew her nose noisily and clung to my arm like a child before I turned away with a slight grimace. I felt someone watching me and raised my head to see Leah glaring at me heatedly. I raised my eyebrows at her before turning to listen to Billy as he said a few words over the grave of Aunt Hope.
Man, I'm going to miss her,
I know that she wasn't actually my aunty or any relation to me at all, but it still saddened me to think that I wouldn't see her again. I saw Jake walk up and wheel Billy away before some boys helped lower her into the ground. I looked away quickly, not wanting to watch as they buried her. When everyone started to move away from the gravesite, I followed sluggishly, slightly hindered by the weight of Rachel.
Having super strength doesn't help when you don't want to carry someone. It just makes it a little more bearable. I sighed as Rachel started rambling on about something before turning my head and looking out over the forest.
I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to meet the gaze of Jake. He nodded at me before gesturing to his sister subtly. I nodded thankfully as he reached over and placed an arm around her shoulder, coaxing her off of me.
"I'll see you tonight Paul," Jake said with a small smile.
I inclined my head and turned to walk towards my car quickly, my legs eating up the distance. I was stopped by a shout and turned to look at Sam as he rushed over.
"Paul, I need you to come back to the house. Hope left something for you in her will," he said, placing a hand on my shoulder.
I hesitated, "Fine, meet you there," I said quickly before brushing off his hand and finishing the short walk to my car.
The car ride there was quick and I smiled as I pulled up to the familiar two storied house. She had worked so hard on it too, just had to complete the outside and it would have been completely renovated. The smile fell from my face as I slowly walked up to the house; it seemed empty, its life gone. I winced slightly and opened the door, hearing the conversations stop as I entered the cold house.
"Sam?" I called, trying to pinpoint his exact location.
I heard him call from Aunt Hopes study and I walked in quickly, wanting this to be over and done with. I saw Emily and Billy with him and they both gave me a weak smile. I returned the favour before sitting myself down next to Billy.
"Well..." Emily started as she glanced at the paper in her hands, "It seems that she left you her... Car and her carving tools," she finished with a smile.
My eyes lit up as I thought of the carving tools. She had taught me with those and I was happy to have been given them. My thoughts went to her beat-up car and I nodded slightly, all ready thinking of ways to bring it back to its former glory.
"Okay," I said quietly, before my eyes widened, "What about her house? Who gets that?" I asked, slightly worried.
Emily's gaze went back to the paper in her hand and her mouth curled into a slight frown as her eyes skimmed the page. She looked up at me for a second before her gaze dropped back to the paper.
"Her god-daughter," she said softly.
I frowned along with Sam and Billy, "Who?" Billy asked, clearly uncertain.
Emily smiled gently, "Her God-daughter; Drew Karson."

Line Break
Drew's POV

"Are you sure you don't need help?" Jasmine asked as she watched me sit on my suitcase, trying to close it.
I sent her a playful glare, "certain," I said breathlessly, before proceeding to bounce on my suitcase, crushing my clothes in further.
After finally zipping it up I turned with a smile to face Jasmine. I met her tearful grey eyes and felt guilt rip at my chest. I pulled her in for a hug quickly before rubbing her back to soothe her.
"Hey Jas, it's fine, you can come visit as much as you want," I told her.
I felt her nod against my shoulder, "I know, but I won't see you every day," she moaned.
I pulled back from the hug so she could see me roll my eyes at her. She playfully slapped my shoulder before stepping back and watching me haul up my suitcases.
"Help?" I asked, slightly struggling with the multiple suitcases.
She quickly rushed forward and grabbed two from my grip before carrying them downstairs to my sister's car. I hurried after her, thanking my long legs as I jumped down the staircase and through the front door. I passed Jasmine and smiled as she walked back into the house before plopping my suitcases in the boot and following her.
"Are you all loaded?" I heard Karla, my half-sister shout from her room.
I nodded my head before realizing she couldn't see the movement, "Yes. When do we leave and when do we arrive?" I shouted back.
I watched as Karla walked out of her room, tumbling over her suitcases. I rushed forward and grabbed one as Jasmine did the same, stopping her from falling on her face. She sent us a grateful look before answering my question.
"Well, it's a 14 hour drive—"she started before I cut her off.
"And 15 minutes," I finished with a cocky grin.
She turned a glare on me before continuing, "and we are stopping in Portland for the night, before arriving in Fork's tomorrow." She said quickly, as if expecting me to cut her off again.
I frowned, "I thought we were moving into La Push?" I asked, confused.
She nodded, "yeah we are, but Forks is kind of in the way," she said before dragging her suitcases outside.
I shared a look with Jasmine before following her.
Line Break
I ignored Karla's yelling, while quickly throwing on my clothes for today. Black jeans and a deep blue shirt with a long white cardigan thrown on top.
"Why? Why did you not set the alarm?" she shouted, as she sprinted passed me heading out the motel door.
I didn't answer as I pulled on my white ankle boots before tucking in the laces and standing up. I adjusted to the feel of a small heel under my feet before running over to my suitcase and zipping it shut. I checked the room for anymore of my belongings before turning and running after my sister.
Line Break
I opened my eyes groggily as Karla shook me awake.
"Hmmm?" I asked, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.
"We're here," she said nervously, "in La Push, I mean."
I nodded before sitting up straight and letting my gaze roam over the large amount of trees. That's going to take a while to get used to, I think. I shook my head slightly before turning to face the front, cranking up the radio. Karla sent me an irritated look but I shrugged my shoulders and sung along under my breath.
After 10 minutes and 3 songs I felt the car start to slow down. I looked up from my phone and saw the large moving trucks which I had left the day before we did.
"Where are the movers?" I asked her.
Karla looked at me with a smile, "well when Emily called, she offered to help with the moving. I'll admit I started to decline her but she said that she has a group of strong boys who could do it easy."
I sent her a confused look and she sighed before explaining further.
"When I got the call about Hope's house it was from a young lady called Emily. She offered to help us move in," she said slowly.
I glared at her, "I know what she offered, I just didn't know who she was," I defended.
Karla nodded as she pulled over to the side of the road outside the large house. She pulled out her phone but I didn't hear the conversation, instead I was staring in shock at the beautiful house.
It was two storied and quite large, which I was surprised about. I smiled slightly as I took in the bay window which gave me a peek into the empty lounge; I couldn't see much but was still impressed by the size of it. The house was painted a soft grey with the windows painted white, the front door stood out slightly because it was also painted white but had small designs trailing around the outsides. I felt tapping on my shoulder and turned to face my sister.
"She said that she was on her way, and that the boys would be here a little bit later," she said before her gaze went to the house.
I smiled as I watched her eyes widen before I hopped out of the car. I heard the boot pop open and I hurried to fetch some of our suitcases out before Karla broke something. As I turned I realised I didn't have to worry about that because she was walking, slowly but surely, up to the front door. My eyes caught a small glint and trailed down to the set of keys she held in her small hands.
I walked up behind her and she sent me a nervous smile before turning and unlocking the door. I knew she was scared, after all we had sold our house in San Francisco and finally after two months of paperwork and planning we were moving in.
I smiled as I walked in behind her, entering what looked like the lounge. I looked around, absorbing the new surroundings. The walls were pale blue while the carpet was a dark grey, but the furthest wall had a beautiful feature wall which made me gasp. It was royal blue wallpaper which had thin, black designs starting from one corner and travelling to the centre of the wall before 'fading.'
I bit my lip as I turned and walked through the first door I saw. I came through into a medium sized kitchen, it was a simple white colour scheme and not very eye-catching on its own. I mentally made a small list of things to buy that would brighten up this room.
"It's so beautiful," I heard Karla whisper behind me.
I turned to faced her with a smirk, "who'd have thought that my first house would be so lovely," I said smugly.
Her green eyes darkened, "it's not your house," she said.
I pretended to think, "That's what it says on the contracty thing," I said before walking through the next door and into a small hallway which ended in some stairs.
I opened the door in front of me and saw a bathroom following the same scheme as the kitchen. Nodding to myself I closed the door before taking a few steps and opening the remaining door. I leaned in and saw a bright study. It had a grey carpet—like the rest of the house—but bright walls, and vibrant green and blue accents. I smiled as I took in the room, my mood brightening.
Shutting the door gently behind me I turned and started to climb the stairs, gaping at the beautifully carved banister. I reached the top and came into a small room which played as a small hallway, connecting all the rooms.
I counted four doors, and I mentally went over the houses information over in my head. It had 2 bathrooms and 3 bedrooms. So 3 of these doors are our bedrooms and one is the bathroom. I placed the suitcases down and leaned them against the banister before strolling over to the door closest to me and opening it.
I gazed into a bedroom. It was a plain cream/grey scheme, quite dull. After looking around I found its redeeming qualities in the form of a large built in closet and a killer view. The second bedroom was much the same and the bathroom was just like the one down stairs. I opened the last bedroom door and smiled before deciding that it was mine.
It had dark grey walls with a soft dove grey carpet and a view of the whole back yard along with the forest that surrounded it. Plain but perfect. I placed my suitcases in the room before walking down the stairs again and calling out to Karla.
"Choose a room Karla, my ones the one with my suitcases in it." I shouted loudly only to come face to face with a room full of strangers when I entered the lounge.
"Oh uhm Hello?" I said as I slowly entered the room.
I looked over the occupants and saw 5 boys I didn't know along with a woman. My eyes widened as I took in the extremely large boys and their handsome faces. Are they on steroids or something? Because I didn't know that people could grow the big. Or that handsome.
"Hello, I'm Emily," the woman spoke up before holding out her hand politely.
I smiled at her as I shook her hand, "And these are your...helpers?" I asked.
She laughed and smiled, "yes, but work first, play later," she said before gesturing to the truck which held our possessions.
I nodded, "Before play,"

To Be Continued

Comments